Whether you are buying or selling your home there are going to be some burning questions about the process. Let’s be honest: neither of those things are easy to do! It may be tempting to sell your house by yourself and given that so many people do it successfully, you could be forgiven for thinking that you could do the same.
Before you sell a house, you should think about whether engaging your local estate agency is a good idea or not. A professional real estate agency should be able to work with you on selling your home but they should also work with you on getting the best possible price. Just as you would hire a builder to help you to build an extension on your home, hiring a real estate agent is important if you want to ensure that your investment was worth it. The process of selling a house isn’t always a fast one and it can be complex. So, why should you need a real estate agent? Let’s take a look:
- Getting the price right. Are you sure of the worth of your house? Don’t worry if you’re not; a real estate agent can help you with that. They can work with you to make sure that you gain a quick sale but more than that, they can ensure that you get all of the facts of the sales cost of the house. What is the market price? Well, the real estate agent who specialises in your area will know that and be able to talk you through it.
- They have sold homes before. If you haven’t ever sold a house by yourself, then why should you? There are experts out there ready to help you with yours, and they are ready to get your home off the market. The process isn’t an impossibility by yourself, but it can always help to have an expert who knows what they’re doing. It makes more sense to have a knowledgeable professional on your side than it does to try and go it alone, right?
- You get professional service. From the beginning to the end of the house sales process, a real estate agent is a professional. They’ll help you with staging and they’ll help you to exchange contracts and negotiate, too. You don’t have to do it alone and they won’t let you. Yes, they’ll take a commission, but the commission is so worth it for the service that you get.
- They can work with you to sell your home faster. You want your house off the market right? Well, the real estate agency that you engage with can do that with you. They’ll offer you the advice that you need to make educated decisions from the beginning and these pieces of advice will pay off during the sales process.
- They have access to the multiple listing service. It’s one of the biggest home-selling challenges; getting your home listed in multiple places. Real estate agents understand how to do that and they have access to it!